Step-By-Step Instructions to Diamond Painting
You have come to the right place if you are new to Diamond Painting! Below are step by step instructions on how to get started. It’s very easy, anyone can do it!
- Your Diamond Painting Kit will include a canvas, diamond applicator (pen), wax and tray. Remove all of the items from the package.
- Lay out the canvas on a clean, flat surface. You will notice that printed directly on the canvas is a chart with your diamonds that are labeled with a number that corresponds to a symbol. You will need to match the corresponding color of diamonds to the symbols and place them on the canvas accordingly.
- Choose a single color diamond to get started with. Pour a small amount of diamonds in the tray. If you hold it at a slight angle and gently shake it back and forth the diamonds will settle right side up so they are facing the correct way to pick them up with the applicator.
- Peel back a small section of the plastic film to work on at one time. Its best and easiest to work on a small section at a time. It is important to keep the canvas covered when you aren't working on it.
- A pink square that comes with the kit is the wax. Peel back the clear plastic on the wax, and dip the tip of the applicator to fill it with wax.
- You can then pick up the diamonds as they will easily stick to the tip of the applicator. Once picked up, carefully press the diamond onto its corresponding symbol on the canvas.
- Always remember to add a little bit more wax if the pen seems like it doesn't pick up the diamonds anymore.
- Repeat the process until you are done!
- A recommended final touch to completing a good diamond painting is to put it in a suitable frame to hang up in your home. The experience is fulfilling and you will be able to showcase your work!
Have fun creating your masterpiece!