The Best Diamond Painting Kits for Winter
The Best Diamond Painting Kits for Winter
Winter is fast approaching, which means it’s time to settle into our comfiest clothes, cancel all plans and let the creative juices flow! During the coldest months of the year, nothing beats tapping into your inner artist with some easy holiday art projects that help you express yourself and create something beautiful. You’ve got some extra free time and boundless creative energy, so why not set it free? Diamond art is the best way to do that year-round, but especially during the winter.
Why Make Diamond Art in the Winter?
It probably doesn’t surprise you to learn that taking on creative endeavors can bring big benefits, especially during the chilly months when you’re feeling less energized, inspired or productive, and when it’s a lot harder to spend time outside. Here are some specific ways creating art can improve your happiness and well-being this winter.
- It Staves off the Winter Blues—If you’re an artist, you already know that being creative boosts feelings of happiness, calm and relaxation, but did you know that there’s a scientific reason as to why? According to research, even viewing artwork triggers a release in dopamine in the brain, which fills the body with a happy, positive sensation. During the cold, gray season, many of us feel blue or suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), but being creative can help.
- It Keeps Your Mind Sharp—Crafting in the winter is one of the best ways to stay busy and feel productive, even when you’re off work or school for weeks on end. After a long break from the daily grind, our minds can begin to dull. Focusing on a specific project will help boost your focus and keep your mind sharp, which is why it’s often recommended for the elderly as well as kids on summer break.
- It Brings Wintry Cheer—Working on a winter-themed project is exactly what you need to get into the holiday spirit, especially if you are generally more of a warm-weather person. Staring for hours on end at a beautiful, relaxing winter scene—which you can do with one of our Christmas diamond painting kits or a pretty, wintry puzzle—can help you tap into the serenity of the season so that you enjoy it a little more. We could all use a little winter cheer, especially after the holidays!
- It Makes an Amazing Gift—Winter is the time for giving and giving the gift of a completed piece of diamond artwork is always a good idea. This is truly a multifaceted present, bringing you massive amounts of joy as you’re creating and bringing your recipient the same feelings of happiness once it’s complete. Learn how to frame your diamond artwork so it makes the perfect gift for anyone. You can also surprise a close friend or family member with a diamond art kit that they can tackle themselves or with you.
- It Can Bring Joy to Your Home—Speaking of framing… once you get yours matted into a stunning frame, you can hang it anywhere in your house for a one-of-a-kind display of your creativity. We love the idea of swapping out your framed diamond art throughout the year, so your space feels tailored to the season, whether it’s the middle of winter or the peak of summer.
- It’s the Perfect Indoor Activity—For those of us who thrive in fresh air, spending the wintertime in cold, dry indoor environments can be downright soul-sucking. But doing relaxing, cozy activities inside makes it so much more bearable, especially when you’re enthralled in whatever it is you’re working on. Light the fire, put on your favorite wintry tunes and sink into a calming art project.
- They Can Serve as Christmas Cards—Did you know that we have a line of Christmas card diamond art kits? These unique holiday cards are basically miniature canvases that come with an envelope so you can create and mail one-of-a-kind, handmade holiday cards to all your loved ones. They’re much smaller than regular kits and only feature a rhinestone design on part of the canvas, so they’re perfect for beginners or anyone looking to make batches of diamond art.
Diamond Art Kits for Winter
With all of this in mind, it’s clear that the cooler months are an excellent time to take advantage of this relaxing craft activity. We’re highlighting some of our best diamond painting kits for winter below so you can soak up all of these fabulous benefits while the snow quietly piles up outside. Grab one for yourself or give them as thoughtful holiday gifts for the creative folks on your list.
1. White Christmas Morning—“White Christmas Morning” by Claudia McKinney paints the picture of a classic wintry scene after a big snowstorm. The white-capped trees and towering steeple give this one a truly quaint feel.
2. Space for Reflection—This enchanting scene created by Chuck Pinson takes us to a rustic mountain cabin at the peak of fall. The snow-capped mountains in the background give it a distinctly wintry feel that makes you want to cozy up.
3. Black and White—The drama and contrast in this work of art by Deborah Lewis will take your breath away! It features a proud black stallion amidst snow-capped branches, creating a striking scene between dark and light. Because the colors mostly stay within two families, this one is perfect for beginners.
4. Winter Sparkle—Prefer something a little more abstract? This brightly colored winter scene features a vibrant backdrop that plays against the stark winter tree and whimsical snowflakes dotting the entire canvas. The moody sky swirls in shades of purple, orange, blue, yellow and green.
5. Hope Runs Deep—This utterly delightful winter scene by Chuck Pinson paints a picture of a small town during the peak of the holiday season, complete with snow-capped roofs, billowing chimneys and happy townspeople milling about. The stunning woodland creatures tie it all together.
6. Starry Night Santa—A classic holiday scene created by Dona Gelsinger, “Starry Night Santa” shows Santa and reindeer gazing at the North Star surrounded by snowy trees and a brightly lit town below.
7. Frosty Forest Friend—Who doesn’t love Frosty? This pleasant winter scene, created by Dona Gelsinger, showcases the carrot-nosed snowman in the calm, snowy forest surrounded by chipper woodland creatures, including bunnies, squirrels and an array of winter birds.
8. The Joy of Christmas—Designed by Lisa Frances Judd, this cartoon-inspired work of art features a diamond painting tree piled high with all the most famous symbols of the season, including candles, bows, candy canes, gingerbread men and gifts.
9. Tabby Cat—Created by The Macneil Studio, this winter diamond art kit makes the perfect holiday gift for your feline fancier friends who also love to create art! It features a gray tabby peering out the window at a winter bird, with a wood-burning fire and a dazzling holiday tree glimmering in the background.
10. Santa Face—This festive diamond art kit features artwork by The Macneil Studio. Santa is depicted looking as jolly as ever with a wide grin and a sprig of holly on his hat! He’s shown, surrounded by snow, carrying his bag of toys.
11. The Snow Queen—This gorgeous stained-glass inspired creation by Mandie Manzano is giving us serious Frozen vibes! The icy blues, grays and whites make this the perfect diamond art kit to create throughout the coldest months of the year.
12. Fireside Christmas—Cozy up by the fire at home with this remarkably warm and inviting scene made by Nicky Boehme. It features a row of carefully hung stockings, a raging fire and a room decked out with holiday cheer.
13. January Owl—The majestic barred owl is the perfect animal for getting you into the spirit of the season. This striking scene by Claudia McKinney showcases the elegant creature perched atop a bare branch as a snowstorm swirls ahead. This one makes a great gift for anyone in your life who loves or collects owls.
14. Seasons Change—This stunning work of art, designed by JoJoes Art, reminds us that the seasons are constantly changing and winter will be gone soon. It depicts a massive buck and fawn with antlers representing all four seasons of the year.
Make Your Own Diamond Artwork Cards
As we already mentioned, we also carry diamond art kits that serve as fun crafts for you and amazing greeting cards for all your friends and family members. If you want to give this year’s card some extra glitz, grab one of our rhinestone Christmas card kits. Each of these cards comes with the Christmas card with pre-applied adhesive, color-coded diamonds, a toolkit and an envelope so you can dazzle and delight this season. Pick up a set that comes with all six designs to send to all your loved ones.
15. Ho Ho Ho Card—What better way to get in the spirit than with a diamond art card featuring Santa himself? This scene showcases Santa’s beard, suit and boots over a snowbank and wording that reads “ho ho ho.” Perfect for sending wintry cheer!
16. Three Penguins Card—This cute-as-can-be diamond art card features a trio of bundled-up penguins before a classic winter scene in shades of icy blue and white. The back of the card says “Merry Christmas,” so it’s great for holiday greetings.
17. By the Christmas Tree Card—Another dazzle-it-yourself holiday card featuring the famous Mr. Claus, this charming winter scene allows you to bedazzle Santa from head to toe as he visits a home with a traditionally decorated tree and gifts.
18. Happy Dog Card—This one is an ideal homemade holiday card for your favorite dog-loving celebrant! This diamond art card features a wide-eyed canine wearing a Santa hat surrounded by holly, candy canes and more classic Christmas symbols.
19. At the North Pole Card—Featuring the world-famous red-nosed reindeer, this pretty card lets you bedazzle Rudolph and the moon in the backdrop for a fun, multi-dimensional alternative to the typical holiday card.
20. Gifts from Santa Card—If you’re looking for a bedazzled holiday card option that has a typical greeting card feel, you’ll love this one that features a bedazzled Santa and wording that says, “We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.”
Channel the Winter Cheer
No matter if you love winter or hate it and are looking for fantastic ways to make it more enjoyable, Diamond Art Club has the perfect activity for you. Create stunning diamond art with one of our wonderful kits and cherish the result or give it as a handcrafted holiday gift. We’re more than happy to help you learn and perfect your new cold-weather hobby, and we’re sure you’ll carry it well into the New Year and beyond.