14 Christmas Diamond Painting Kits to Add to Your Wishlist
For many people, the holiday season is one of the best times of the year—cozy nights spent curled up around the fireplace with hot cocoa in hand as classic Christmas movies play on the TV. But, the holidays can also be a time for stress as you prepare your home for visitors and scramble to get the perfect gift for everyone in your circle. However, there are ways to slow down and remember what the season is really about. This year, try doing something different with your friends and family by working on one of these Christmas diamond painting kits. It’s an excellent way to de-stress from all the craziness of holiday planning while also doing a fun activity with the people you love.
Shop All Holiday Diamond Art Kits
The Joy of Diamond Painting at Christmas
Fight Off Cabin Fever
Although those cozy nights by the fire sound calming and romantic, after a few weeks of being stuck inside, many of us start to feel the effects of cabin fever. If you’ve never experienced it firsthand, cabin fever is an intense sensation of restlessness usually caused by feeling trapped for an extended period of time. During the winter, when the weather is cold and potentially dangerous, it’s very common to experience this, so it’s important to find other ways to distract yourself and keep your mind busy. Diamond painting is an excellent craft that you can work on over time as a way to keep yourself occupied and give you a sense of accomplishment.
Spend Quality Time with the Family
Holidays are really all about our families—even if they might start to drive us a little crazy after weeks together. But, it’s important to find new ways to connect with each other and spend quality time, which is why diamond painting projects can be so fun. Each person in the family can have their own individual project to work on that reflects their interests, or you can try doing a group project and working on one canvas together. Many families like to plan a specific crafting night once a week during which everyone gets together to talk, craft and unwind.
Create Unique Holiday Presents
It seems as though we’re always scrambling for just one more gift at the last minute during the holidays. This year, skip that panic trip to the store on the morning of Christmas Eve when you’re willing the store to have the desired item in stock. Plan early. Pick out a Christmas diamond painting kit that you know a friend or family member will love and take a few weeks to create the beautiful mosaic design before offering it as a gift. To make it even more special, you should frame your diamond painting so that the recipient can hang it in their home right away.
Combat Seasonal Blues
Much like cabin fever, seasonal depression is a result of a change in our routine and the inability to do particular activities that we love. Seasonal blues are also impacted by the shift in weather—darker nights, chillier temps and general lack of sunshine in most areas of the country. If you experience seasonal depression, you’re far from the only one, but there are some great ways to keep yourself busy and bring some of the holiday cheer into your home. Doing arts and crafts like diamond painting has actually been proven to increase the release of dopamine, inducing feelings of happiness. This chemical reaction in your brain actually helps to boost your confidence and, in turn, put you in a better mood.
Gives a Sense of Productivity
Although the holidays should be all about relaxation and spending time with family, many of us start to feel that itch for our regular routine. It’s good to take some time for yourself and give yourself a chance to decompress from the everyday stress of work. But if you’re still in need of that sense of productivity, you can try investing in a diamond painting kit for Christmas and use it as your daily project. This will give you something to focus on and work towards. The feeling you get once you’ve completed a project is more rewarding than you can imagine—and you’ve created a masterpiece that you can display anywhere in your home.
Teaches Young Children Motor Skills
If you have children in your home during the holidays, you’re probably looking for ways to keep them entertained while out on school break. Of course, it’s a good idea to allow children a break from their usual structure, but there are fun activities that you can do together that are also educational. For young children, working on Christmas diamond painting kits is a great way to help them with their fine motor skills. In fact, many types of arts and crafts activities can be used to teach and sharpen motor skills in children. Crafting and other artistic endeavors have been shown to improve kids’ confidence, critical thinking skills and creativity.
Reduce Holiday Stress
To the untrained crafter, it might be surprising to learn about how many mental health benefits can come from participating in an artistic hobby. But, crafting is always a way to reduce stress and anxiety because it gives your mind (and your hands) something to focus your full attention on, allowing some of those other thoughts to melt away. In fact, many people will take breaks during their work day to briefly work on an art project, allowing their brain time to refocus and return to the work task with a fresh perspective. During the holidays, we experience some other type of stress—cleaning the house, preparing for family and other guests, shopping for presents. When you’re feeling overwhelmed by it all, pull out your Christmas diamond painting kit and give yourself some time to relax.
Use Diamond Paintings as Christmas Decor
With so many beautiful Christmas-themed designs, it seems like a no-brainer to add one of these fun, festive paintings to your holiday decor. Select the image that best fits with your home and sense of style and then be sure to order it well in advance, so that you have enough time to complete the project before Christmas rolls around. Hosting a crafting night with your friends is another good way to create your own holiday decorations while getting the ladies together for a night of fun and holiday cheer.
Our Favorite Christmas Diamond Painting Kits
- Frosty Forest Friend: A favorite childhood character, Frosty the Snowman is a symbol of magic and the Christmas spirit during the cold, winter months. This adorable depiction of his smiling face, button eyes and carrot nose is sure to bring a bit of holiday cheer into your home. This set is made from square diamonds and is a full drill canvas.
- Christmas at Town Square: The vibrant, bustling town comes to life in the diamond painting “Christmas at Town Square,” designed by Chuck Pinson. You can feel the warmth in the air even on the chilliest of Christmas nights. This image is a perfect piece for home decor.
- The Governor’s Party: At the party of the season, locals gather in front of the Governor’s home for a celebration of the holidays. This painting is unique in that it recalls an earlier time with horse-drawn carriages and women adorned in petticoats. This painting is actually rooted in history as it lets people imagine what it may have been like to attend the actual Governor’s party in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Winter’s Oasis: A more secular take on the Christmas diamond painting, “Winter’s Oasis” focuses on a quaint little cottage in the middle of the woods during a snowstorm. You can vividly imagine the family inside, enjoying a beautiful winter’s night during the holiday season.
- Hope Runs Deep: Christmas is a time of hope and joy, making this particular diamond painting very appropriately titled. Created by Chuck Pinson, the painting itself has an intricate scene of a town preparing for Christmas with decorations in the streets and townsfolk bustling around. This may be a more advanced kind of diamond painting because of all the small details.
- Ready for the Ride: For the animal lovers out there, this “Ready for the Ride” painting is a perfect mix of adorable animals and holiday spirit. Showing two horses donned in their Christmas best, this design is an excellent choice as a living room or entry way decoration.
- Fireside Christmas: Few things are more cozy in the middle of the winter than a comfortable chair pulled up beside a roaring fire. “Fireside Christmas” emanates those cheery feelings with a living scene where anyone would love to spend a night cozied up. The room is surrounded by presents and decorations, giving the impression that the holiday is right around the corner. This image is perfect to hang in your own living room and invite some of those cozy feelings into your home.
- Starry Night Santa: The magic of Christmas comes to life in this painting of Santa Claus and his reindeer—perhaps our friend Rudolph—looking down on a snow-covered town. As the viewer, we assume Santa is preparing to head into the village and spread his cheer with gifts galore.
- Santa and Tree: Another variation on Santa imagery, the “Santa and Tree” painting is a close up of Jolly Old Nick smiling at a beautifully decorated Christmas tree.
- Santa Face: The legend of Santa Claus is one of the aspects we hold more dear to us about Christmas, and nothing captures the charm of Saint Nick more than this unique diamond painting.
- Nutcracker: A timeless Christmas tale, the Nutcracker is one of the most popular Christmas ballets and movies. What better way to commemorate such a work than with this stained glass-esque mosaic design of the main character Clara and her nutcracker.
- Tabby Cat: For the cat lovers out there, there is no better Christmas diamond painting kit than the “Tabby Cat,” which shows an adorable cat peering out the window of his cozy home, decorated in Christmas garb with a warm, roaring fire in the background.
- Christmas Morning: A charming depiction of the early hours of Christmas Day, “Christmas Morning” features Santa quietly placing gifts around the tree while the reindeer and sleigh wait outside in the snow. If you’re looking for a festive piece full of detail and enchantment, this diamond art kit is for you!
Celebrate the Season with Christmas Diamond Painting Kits
Get into the holiday spirit this season when you try crafting with one of our many adorable Christmas diamond painting kits. It’s the perfect way to spend time with the family, unwind from the holiday stress or make a unique gift for a friend. Shop the entire collection to find the perfect design for you—and get the whole family in on the fun!
Source: Dusan Petkovic/Shutterstock.com
Source: Sophie McAulay/Shutterstock.com