Diamond art kits offer a variety of surprising benefits. From developing motor skills to sparking our creativity to simply offering an enjoyable artistic outlet.
But diamond painting for kids can be an even more fantastic activity and experience for little ones! With diamond painting, kids can attain a sense of pride and accomplishment. In addition, they can feel creative, like a true artist. They can even hang it on their bedroom wall to show off to friends and family.
So, if you’ve always wanted to purchase a diamond painting kit for kids, make sure their first experience is a pleasant one by using these tips, tricks and more!
Reasons Diamond Painting Is the Best Activity for Kids
More than sparkly rhinestones, diamond painting is the perfect creative outlet for kids for a variety of reasons. Here are the reasons why parents and kids alike love diamond painting:
- Enhances Focus—Diamond painting teaches kids how to deeply focus on tasks, instead of getting distracted by television shows and online games which can often be addictive.
- Teaches Patience—Kids often have a short fuse and expect the little things to go right all the time. If this is your kid, diamond painting can teach them the virtues of patience and endurance.
- Provides Sense of Calm—A meditative activity, diamond painting offers a calm and relaxing outlet for kids to unwind after a long week. If they had a bad day, allow them to sit down for a while and decompress with these mesmerizing diamonds.
- Boosts Confidence—Diamond painting also makes kids feel that extra bit of confidence and self-esteem they need. After completing their masterpiece, you can even have it framed for their bedroom to remind them of their artistic capabilities and self-worth.
- Exposes New Art—Even if your kid has art class in school, chances are they don’t teach diamond painting. So not only does diamond painting open up a child’s exposure to the arts, but it also allows them to try a technique for creating images.
Types of Diamond Painting Kits and Which to Choose for Kids
Available are two different types of diamond painting kits. However, it’s essential to understand their differences and decide which is best for your child.
Round Drills or Square Drills?
Square drill diamond kits are a bit more advanced than round drill diamond kits. Therefore, it’s important to ask yourself what your child is capable of creating.
Round drills are a fantastic beginner’s tool for kids under the age of 10. But if your kid is over 10-years-old, or has good dexterity and placement skills, a square drill will be a much more fun and engaging challenge. If you’re unsure and this is their first diamond painting kit, start with a round drill to test their skill levels.
Partial Drills or Full Drills?
Partial drill and full drill kits both offer their advantages for kids. Full drills, however, require a bit more skill and require kids to be able to stick the diamonds on the entire canvas.
For more adept fingers, this tedious process could be the perfect match. On the other hand, a partial drill kit might be a better option for kids who tend to get distracted, need to take breaks or even for first-timers. It offers a partial area to spare for the diamonds while the remainder is painted.
Tips for a Kid’s First Diamond Painting Experience
Kids can decide rather quickly if they enjoy an activity or experience. So, make sure you set them up for an enjoyable one right from the start. Here are some tips to keep them interested in this wonderful artistic outlet.
As mentioned above, be sure to buy the right drill kit for your child’s experience level. Obviously, if it’s their first-time diamond painting, use a partial drill kit to prevent tuckering them out before they finish.
Arrange a well-lit work station or table with a clean surface. Make sure they have a comfortable chair with back support. Also, offer an extra light source as well as an illuminated light pad to keep their eyes from straining.
Lastly, make sure they take breaks. Sitting for a long length of time can cause neck and backaches. Instead, set a timer for an hour and when it goes off, have a drink or snack ready for them to come and get to stretch their legs.
Also, be sure to pick a fun kid-friendly subject matter for them to paint. Diamond Art Club offers everything from cartoon princesses to animals to nature and tree diamond painting kits. There’s also fantasy and mystical-themed diamond art kits with creatures like dragons, unicorns and fairies. Basically, there’s just about anything to let your kid’s imagination run free!