You spent tons of time perfecting your dazzling diamond painting and now it’s time to show it off! One of the best ways to immortalize your one-of-a-kind work of art is to frame it so that it becomes a permanent part of your home décor and so that you can admire it every day. Framing your diamond artwork is easy and well worth the effort (plus, it’s a surefire way to earn yourself some major compliments)! Here’s how to do it.
The first thing to do is determine which framing format you prefer. Diamond artwork can be showcased in a number of ways, including with a standard frame from the craft store, with artist’s stretcher bars, with an art canvas or by taking it to a professional framing shop.
Frame it with a Standard-Sized Frame
One easy way to frame your best diamond painting is to use a standard store-bought frame. These frames come in lots of different styles and finishes, creating an instantly stylish design that matches your décor style. But since many diamond paintings don’t come in standard sizes, you may have to trim your canvas to fit.
- Choose a frame that’s a little bit smaller than your diamond art canvas.
- You can easily trim your diamond painting by placing it face-down on a cutting mat and removing an inch or two using an X-ACTO knife.
- Frame the artwork like you would any photo, skipping the glass piece. Glass can dull the sparkle and vibrancy of the diamonds!
Frame it with Stretcher Bars
Stretcher bars are the wooden frames used by artists to frame canvas art, and they’re the perfect solution for art in all shapes and sizes. This method requires you to quite literally stretch the completed canvas over the wooden pieces, resulting in breathtaking wall art that’s easy to hang and showcase.
Note that this method doesn’t actually involve a frame—the edges of the canvas will be stretched over the wood, creating a three-dimensional look.
- Measure your painting. Decide if you’d like the artwork to stretch around the edges of the canvas or have a border. Select stretcher bars that are slightly smaller than the canvas.
- Wrap the canvas around the stretcher bars and use a staple gun to hold it in place. Make sure the canvas is taut. You can also use U nails to keep the canvas in place if you prefer a neater look.
- Attach wall-mounting hardware to the back of the canvas on the top stretcher bar so you can easily hang it anywhere!
Glue it to an Art Canvas
Many of our talented artists use premade art canvases to display their diamond artwork, and it looks fantastic! This method employs a blank canvas from the craft store, glue and a staple gun to create a clean, flawless design that really pops out of the wall.
- Choose a canvas that’s at least two inches smaller (in both length and width) than your diamond art so you can stretch it around the canvas.
- Cover the back of the canvas with craft glue, making sure to spread it evenly across the back of the canvas, except for around the edges. Don’t use quick-drying glue for this.
- Work on a cutting mat. While the glue is wet, press the blank canvas into the back of the diamond art canvas, making sure that it’s placed directly in the center.
- Leaving the artwork flat under the canvas, trim around the edges of the canvas, leaving about 2 inches all the way around.
- Add glue to the edges and press them around the side of the canvas so they wrap around, continuing the design.
- Let the glue dry completely before hanging.
Have it Professionally Framed
You’ve already put lots of hard work into your gorgeous, glimmering masterpiece, so having it professionally framed is a great option, too. Framing professionals—including those at the frame shop at your standard craft store—know how to frame all kinds of mementos and art, no matter the size or shape. They’ll be able to create a show-stopping piece you’ll be proud of.
Showcasing Your Work of Art
Remember: Your diamond art is a genuine one-of-a-kind and there’s not another one like it in the world. Keep creating striking artwork using our diamond painting kits and transform any blank wall space into a gallery-inspired display that comes alive in brilliant color and dazzle.
Find this guide helpful? Check out our guide on How To Do Diamond Painting to get started with this rewarding craft.